What can I expect from each appointment?
During each appointment, Dr. Stephenson will assess your progress and determine the most effective form of treatment to restore or maintain your health, meeting your immediate needs. She offers a variety of methods such as:
- Acupuncture – The gentle insertion of tiny, sterile disposable needles into specific points on the body. Stimulation of these acupuncture points will elicit the natural healing ability of your body’s own nervous system. Acupuncture restores circulation by encouraging blood cells and nutrients to flow towards the placement of the needles.
- Chinese Herbs & Food Therapy – Herbs may be prescribed to support the body with the nourishment it requires in order to heal. Food therapy recommendations are also a traditional part of acupuncture and oriental medicine. Food therapy advice tends to be common sense, such as avoiding iced drinks if you have stomach cramps or adding gelatin to the diet if you have certain types of joint pains.
- Qi Gong – Breathing exercises combined with precise movements designed to enhance circulation and vitality. Yoga postures may also be recommended, depending upon your specific needs. These exercises are gentle and will help your body heal itself in between visits to the acupuncturist.
- Electro-Acupuncture & ETPS Microcurrent – The addition of a low frequency electrical current, designed to restore nervous system flow into areas that are damaged by scar tissue or are particularly painful due to poor circulation.
- Acupressure/Tuina/Shiatsu – Finger pressure and massage techniques designed to enhance the healing benefits of the acupuncture prescription. Scented oils and herbal balms may be applied with tuina massage. This helps the medicine to penetrate more deeply into the body tissues.
- Acupuncture and Massage offer non-drug support for conditions such as:
Hypertension, Migraines, Insomnia, Stroke Rehabilitation & Prevention, Weight Loss, Smoking Cessation.
- Acupuncture and Massage are considered appropriate methods for treating many emotional conditions, including:
Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Addictions, Grief & Anger Management.
- Acupuncture and Massage are also helpful for a variety of Women’s Health conditions, including:
Fertility and Pregnancy Support, PMS, Menopause Symptoms, Irregular Menstruation.
- Acupuncture and Massage are considered effective treatments for many painful physical conditions, including:
Headaches, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Sciatica, Any joint or tendon pain, Arthritis, Allergies, Fatigue & Fibromyalgia, last but not least, is a specialty area of Dr. Beth’s.